Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rodney's First Post

I am attempting my first blog and excited to try.  I am taking a class with Mrs. Anderson titled Technology Boot Camp through School Administrators of Iowa (SAI).  The training is Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday all day.  Look out technology world; we will leave this training tomorrow being technology savvy.  I hope to use this as a form of communication with parents, please feel free to leave comments on my blog or email me at rmartinez@norwalk.k12.ia.us.    

Remember that Monday will be a professional development day for the staff. You may ask yourself, "What in the world do teachers do during full day training?" The teachers will be trained on assessment measures in Reading and Math. They will also start working with Tony Wagner's book, Global Achievement Gap.  Reading that book has really changed my thinking about some of the teaching practices that we choose to do. I hope that it makes your child's teacher think also.

A compliment to our kids and parents about being respectful during the National Anthem at home games. I have been to some of the away football games and have noticed how other schools’ students can be disrespectful during this ceremony. I am proud to say how respectful our kids have been during this part of the game.

The beginning of the year has be a great start at Oviatt.  I feel both teachers and students have transitioned very well both socially and academically. Thanks for your support in allowing this to happen.

Here are some important dates that you need to be aware:
October 11th- NO SCHOOL
October 20th- Early Out

As always, if you have a concern, please feel free to email me a call.

Go Warriors,
Rodney

No comments:

Post a Comment